Wednesday, December 3, 2008

German...for 3 hours


I'm in my third German city in 3 days. I went from Munich on Monday to Mainz on the western side of the country, and arrived in Berlin last night (Tuesday night). I took the train from city to city which i really like. You are able to see some of the country and it's much more relaxed than flying.
I was in Mainz to watch one of my co-workers give a 3 hour product demo of our software to about 30 college professors...all in German. So, for 3 hours i got to sit there and try to pay attention as best as possible even though i really didn't understand what was going on. You have to make decisions like-'so, if everyone laughs, do i laugh with them to join the spirit of things, or do i just sit there with a blank stair on my face because i obviously don't understand what was just said?' You start to play mind games with yourself :)
Anyway, i'm in Berlin for the rest of the trip. Off to work...

No comments: